Sunday, December 12, 2010

WindowBoxes


This is one of my newest designs. I initially called them 'quillages', a cross between quilling and collages. Then a Friend saw them at my last show in Wells, Maine, and said "I love your windowboxes"...... and so the name changes to remind us of past images.




















These pieces are all one-of-a-kind with a quilled flower, many rolled paper beads which I made myself, interesting threads, and handmade or fancy papers that I have gathered over the years. Some even include hand-cut pieces and sometimes glass beads. I cut multiple openings in the mat and fill the spaces and add elements until I am Happy. I also add two or three mats to give depth to the piece. I then custom frame under glass, usually in a wood painted frame. Red is my favorite color, so you will see the red WindowBox here.



I enjoy these WindowBoxes because it gives me the freedom to create a new piece every time and they are all wonderful pieces of me. I try to name them based on the feelings they create when they are admired. Let me surprise you with a WindowBox of your very own...........just give me a color and let me do it my way.






I have more of these WindowBoxes on my website in a variety of colors.....and more coming everyday. I am thinking about smaller pieces.

Take Time for the Little Things........
today we just relaxed, and it rained and rained and rained...... I love the rain...


This week's website to explore:

www.devittliptakdesign.com
I love her hand carved pottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for joining...........