Friday, January 24, 2014

Lots of PR recently

I just received my copy of the Russian magazine "Scrapbooking: Creative Lifestyle". I was so thrilled to see my Heron Turned published in the magazine, even though it is all Russian and I am unable to translate anything........except the quillingbysandrawhite.com. So I guess that is a good thing! I have a link to the magazine, but there is very little on the website, not even my quilled picture. But that's ok, the magazine does seem to be attracting people to this blog and my website. I was impressed by the quilling in the magazine, just wonder what it says.

My Rooster seems to be making lots of good impressions. I am so glad that the folk art pieces are making everybody happy. I know that I enjoy making them.
Here is my recent bird.



My Quilled Rooster has also been added to a couple of blogs. Check them out.

Creative Artworks Blog by Linda Lewis. 

And her blog article was picked up by another blog:

Its really great to see my work on other people's blogs. Enjoy.



I just realized that it has been 6 months since I have been here. Wow, the last post was just before the League of NH Craftsmans Fair last August. For a quick update, the fair was great, AND my folk art pieces were well received and many were adopted. Which keeps me moving ahead with more designs. I will be back with my new ones to show you.



Take Time to Enjoy the Little Things.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations! The colours are so strong and the designs are.... something else ! Looks like exquisite paint pictures!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the hugs....I am truly enjoying my new world of color. It is exciting to move ahead.

      Delete
  2. so beautiful, I love it!
    Greeting Baukje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for following my blog, and commenting. New pieces are coming. I am currently working on a cat and another bird. I am trying more dimension by placing quilling on top as well as under the cut out.

      Delete
  3. I've always admired your unique approach to quilling, Sandra! I love your new designs and the vibrant colors!

    Happy Quilling!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for you comment...yes, color is the biggest part of the new designs. And it is nice to work with the colors that are not really true to the wildlife art that I am used to working with...a little more freeing, but challenging to try to get the mind out of the idea that it is whimsical, make it colorful.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on being featured in a magazine...even in Russian! I commend you on your efforts and your dedication to quilling!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for joining...........