Monday, February 25, 2013

My New Folk Art Quilling Designs

I have moved into a new era...my newest designs are Folk Art Designs, very colorful and typically very simple designs with lots of quilling.

I have made many birds, ducks, and flowers. And my favorites, of course, are the Loons, the Blue Herons, and the Sunflowers, which can all be seen on my website. I will continue to make those many designs and the favorites will become my signature collection.



Here is the first in my series 'A Collection of Folk Art', quilling my way. It is my Quilled Folk Art Rooster. I have been thinking about this series for a long time, loving color that nature does not always allow.  I read a blog post from Luann Udell which was on FineArtViews in which she talked with a person who had all this art she needed to sell before trying a new line. And Luann told her to pack it away and do what makes you happy (my short version)....I read that again, and again......and said, she is absolutely right. I will not be packing up my work, I will be adding to it. A new line.......WOW. Sometimes you just need to be given permission, Luann is right.

It has been a long winter, my mom has moved into a nursing home, well we had to move her.....and it is sad. So I need something to be glad about, and Luann's article hit me at the right time. Thank you Luann... I will personally thank you again this summer at the League of NH Craftsman's Fair.

So my new line has color, lots of color, and is happy.........and it makes me feel good. And excited about my work...again.  Check it out. I will be back soon with number two.

By the way, I may keep this one as a sample, as it has special meaning......I have moved on....

I would love it if you all could check out my facebook page and like the new rooster.......well, that is if you like it. I am almost to 300 views, so even checking it out would be great. I made the 300 views!!

Take Time to Enjoy the Little Things.

Do what you love and you will never work a day in your Life.

Sandy


5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful art work I love all your work!
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous,very detailed and colorful, congrats on your 300 views !!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Thank you for following me, I am now following you and will add you to my blog list so I don't miss your quilled posts again! The design of this is fabulous. Please continue (when you have time, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. la your work is beautiful, I love your work!
    the cock is exquisitely beautiful colors
    Greetings Baukje

    ReplyDelete

thanks for joining...........